Last updated: 11:42 am CST April 6, 2021
According to the Internal Revenue Service, the IRS and the Treasury Department will begin delivering a third round of Economic Impact Payments beginning March 12, 2021. The IRS has an online payment tracker tool to see when payments will be released. No action is required of eligible individuals at this time. The first batch of payments will be sent by direct deposit, additional batches of payments will be sent in the coming weeks by direct deposit and through the mail as a check or debit card.
Find out more information on IRS.gov.
We Are Here To Help
For 125 years, Center Bank has supported the community, our clients and our associates. As COVID-19 creates hardships and difficulties in the lives of those we cherish the most, we want to offer solace and peace of mind around your finances and your future.
- Account Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships regarding your personal finances, please contact your local branch or our Financial Hardship Helpline at 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
- Consumer Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a consumer loan*, please contact our Loan Hardship Helpline at 219-755-6116 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST).
- Small Business Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a small business loan, please contact your Small Business Banker. For further assistance, call 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
- Commercial Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a commercial loan, please contact your Relationship Manager. For further assistance, call 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
If you need assistance outside of our posted service hours, please click here to submit a call back request.
*Consumer loans include Home Equity Loans, Manufactured Home, Home Improvement Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit, Mortgages, Auto, Boat & RV Loans.
Centier Bank branch lobbies are now open at limited capacity. Appointments are available to book online and by phone. For a list of locations, phone numbers, or to make a lobby appointment, click here.
Per Governor Holcomb’s order, wearing face masks covering noses and mouths continue to be required while inside Centier Bank lobbies. If you do not have one, one will be provided. If you will not wear a mask, we ask that you please use our drive-thru service. Your safety remains our top priority. Thank you for your understanding as we work together to keep our associates and our clients as healthy and protected as possible.
Additionally, Centier Bank's Online & Mobile Banking services remain available to help you bank safely and conveniently from home.
The SBA is revising its guidance and application pertaining to Independent Contractors and Sole Proprietorships filing Schedule C with their Federal Income Tax return. This revision will require a new application in our portal. Once the SBA makes the new application available our portal will be updated. Please be patient as we wait on the SBA.
The SBA has announced that for a two-week period beginning February 24, 2021 (through March 9, 2021) applications for Round 2 PPP loans will be restricted to firms with fewer than 20 employees. An employee is any full time, part time, or seasonal worker. Centier Bank will accept Round 2 PPP applications for businesses with more than 20 employees however we are unable to seek SBA approval until the expiration of this period. Approval and funding is subject to the SBA guidelines and funds available at the time application is allowed.
An overview of the Paycheck Protection Program may be found at the Small Business Administration's website.
Specific program overviews and application forms may be found as follows:
Top-line Overview of PPP First Draw Loans
Paycheck Protection Program First Draw Borrower Application Form
Top-line Overview of PPP Second Draw Loans
Paycheck Protection Program Second Draw Borrower Application Form
How to calculate maximum loan amounts for First Draw Loans
Second Draw PPP Loans – How to Calculate Revenue Reduction and Maximum Loan Amounts
Round 2 of the PPP Program is now just past the halfway point. The program is scheduled to end March 31, 2021 barring an extension by the SBA. We are now accepting both First Draw and Second Draw PPP Loans, defined as follows:
“First Draw Loans” – these are loans made to businesses who did not apply for (or did not qualify for) PPP loans during the first round in 2020.
“Second Draw Loans” – these are loans made to borrowers who originally received PPP funds in 2020 and who have fully used the proceeds of those loans.
The process of applying for new PPP Loans will vary slightly depending on the loan you choose. Both will be handled through our PPP Portal and the entire application, approval, and forgiveness process will happen electronically.
We plan to accept PPP applications from our clients through the expiration of Round 2 of the PPP Program on March 31, 2021.
Document Checklist & Eligibility
Applications for Round 1 or Round 2 PPP Loans will only be accepted from current Centier Bank clients with Business Checking accounts in good standing. To best prepare to apply for loans through our PPP Portal, use the following checklists to gather all relevant documents:
- First Draw Loans – Click Here for a Checklist of Documents
- Second Draw Loans – Click Here for a Checklist of Documents
You will apply for your PPP loan using our Online PPP Portal – the same portal that our PPP borrowers from Round 1 are currently using to request forgiveness. If you have not yet accessed the portal for your forgiveness application, it is ok. A Round 1 borrower does not need to complete forgiveness before applying for Round 2.
Simply enter the Centier Bank portal (https://centierbank.lenderscooperative.com) and register by providing your email and a password. You will also use these same credentials to login later to complete your forgiveness application. Please make sure to use a valid e-mail address when registering. Double-check your e-mail address for errors – this is our only means of communicating with you during the application and forgiveness process.
The PPP Portal will allow you to upload all your required documents, complete your application and electronically sign it from your home or office, without the need to print paper or come into your local branch. As with the forgiveness process, if we find that we need further documentation, we will reach out via email to request it (and you will log back into the portal to upload any additional documents or information).
Forgiveness for Earlier PPP Loans
If you received a PPP loan in 2020, qualified businesses with an existing Centier Bank business checking account may apply for a “Second Draw Loan” once you have exhausted the proceeds of your first loan. You do NOT have to have requested forgiveness for the first loan, but you do need to attest to having used all the funds from your First Draw Loan.
If your first loan was less than $150,000, please utilize the 3508 S in the portal to request forgiveness. You will enter one number for forgiveness (up to 100% of the loan amount) in the application and avoid any other calculations. You must maintain the documentation supporting forgiveness, but you are not required to submit documentation. Once you submit the application we will review and send back your forgiveness application via DocuSign for e-signature.
We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us for the first two rounds of PPP loans, and look forward to serving you further. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your banker directly.
Centier has a role to play in slowing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting themselves, their family, and their community. Safety measures will remain in place until modified or ended by Centier Bank. These measures are in addition to Centier’s standard policies and procedures designed to protect the health and safety of its associates and guests and comply with applicable law. These measures may be modified or ended based on federal, state, or local requirements.
Keeping You Protected
We want to assure our clients that we have prepared for times of emergency to keep our client’s funds protected and accessible. Centier Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) network, which protects all depositors in the amount of $250,000 per depositor (including non-interest bearing transaction accounts), for each account ownership category, including:
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Money Market Deposit Accounts
- Certificates of Deposits (CDs)
Visit fdic.gov/coronavirus for important information for bankers and consumers, including FAQs and health resources.
Bank Safely and Securely, Anytime
The safest place for your money is in the bank. Centier Bank has a proven record of effective emergency preparedness and disaster recovery. Stay safe by carrying manageable amounts of cash in your wallet. Today, more than ever, there are digital banking options that make accessing your cash easy and convenient.
Centier clients have several, simple ways to access their accounts and funds.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Check balances, make payments, complete transfers, access statements, sign up for direct deposit, and more — safely and securely from your personal computer or mobile device. If you haven't already, please enroll in online banking here and download our mobile app from the App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Apps.
- ATMs: Make envelope-free deposits, check balances, and withdraw funds at one of our EZ Deposit ATMs. Find your nearest EZ Deposit ATM here.
- By Phone: Get fast and confidential access to your account by telephone. Find out your current account balances and paid check summary from the convenience of home. Simply dial 219-531-2233 from Porter County, 219-755-6666 from Lake County or 1-800-477-4779 from outside Lake and Porter Counties to access your account. Please have your account number and PIN number ready.
- Client Service Center: If you need assistance or have questions about your accounts, our Client Service Center is ready to help you, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday at 1-888-CENTIER.
Update Your Email Address and Stay Informed!
Don't miss any important information regarding your banking services. Make sure your current email address is up-to-date by:
- Log into online banking
- Click on “My Settings” in the upper right corner
- Under “Personal Information” you’ll see the words Primary email | Edit, click “Edit”
- Update your email options
- Check the box to receive Promotional/Marketing Emails
- Click “Save”