Last updated: 10:33 am CST January 15, 2021
According to the Internal Revenue Service, the IRS and the Treasury Department will begin delivering a second round of Economic Impact Payments as part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 to millions of Americans who received the first round of payments earlier this year. No action is required of eligible individuals at this time. Funds will be automatically deposited into your bank account that is on file from your 2019 tax filing.
The initial direct deposit payments may begin arriving as early as Dec. 29, 2020 for some and will continue into the next week. Paper checks will begin to be mailed Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2020. Find out more on our Economic Impact Payment Information Page.
We Are Here To Help
For 125 years, Center Bank has supported the community, our clients and our associates. As COVID-19 creates hardships and difficulties in the lives of those we cherish the most, we want to offer solace and peace of mind around your finances and your future.
- Account Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships regarding your personal finances, please contact your local branch or our Financial Hardship Helpline at 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
- Consumer Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a consumer loan*, please contact our Loan Hardship Helpline at 219-755-6116 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST).
- Small Business Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a small business loan, please contact your Small Business Banker. For further assistance, call 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
- Commercial Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a commercial loan, please contact your Relationship Manager. For further assistance, call 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
If you need assistance outside of our posted service hours, please click here to submit a call back request.
*Consumer loans include Home Equity Loans, Manufactured Home, Home Improvement Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit, Mortgages, Auto, Boat & RV Loans.
Beginning Monday, November 2, 2020, lobby service will be by appointment only. Drive- Thru banking will operate as usual. In-store branches will remain open (i.e. branches located inside of Meijer, Strack and Van Til, and Town & Country).
Book an appointment online or by phone. For a list of locations, phone numbers, or to make a lobby appointment, click here. Face masks are required when inside Centier Bank lobbies. If you do not have one, one will be provided. If you will not wear a mask, we ask that you please use our drive-thru service. We appreciate your understanding. Thank you. Your safety remains our top priority. Thank you for your understanding as we work together to keep our associates and our clients as healthy and protected as possible.
The following branches (which do not offer drive-thru banking) will remain open and accessible by appointment-only:
- Valparaiso Downtown, 150 Lincolnway
- Indianapolis Downtown, 50 S. Meridian St.
- Highland, 9701 Indianapolis Blvd.
- South Bend, 108 Main St.
- Elkhart Downtown, 100 S. Main St.
- Fort Wayne Downtown, 803 S. Calhoun St. Suite 100
- Fort Wayne, 10315 Dupont Circle Drive West
Branches with drive-thrus will operate services as normal.
On Dec. 27, 2020, the U.S. Small Business Administration and the United States Department of Treasury released initial guidelines to implement certain provisions of the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Business, Nonprofit, and Venues Act (called the “Economic Aid Act”), with further details still to come. We are currently in the review process and will provide information on application submission guidelines as soon as possible. In the meantime, here are a few things you should know (and do) to prepare:
Types of PPP Loans
There are two types of PPP Loans:
“First Draw Loans” – these are loans made to businesses who did not apply for (or qualify for) PPP loans during the first two rounds in 2020.
“Second Draw Loans” – these are loans made to borrowers who originally received PPP funds in 2020 and who have fully used the proceeds of those loans.
The process of applying for new PPP Loans will vary, depending on loan you choose. Both will be handled through our Online PPP Portal, and the entire application and approval process will happen electronically. We plan to accept applications through the expiration of Round 2 of the PPP Program on March 31, 2021.
Document Checklist & Eligibility
Applications for PPP Loans will only be accepted from current Centier Bank clients with Business Checking accounts.
To best prepare to apply for loans through our PPP Portal, use the following checklists to gather all relevant documents:
- First Draw Loans – Click Here for a Checklist of Documents
- Second Draw Loans – Click Here for a Checklist of Documents
Online PPP Portal
You will apply for your PPP loan using our Online PPP Portal – the same portal that our PPP borrowers from the earlier round are currently using to request forgiveness. If you have not yet accessed the portal for your forgiveness application, that will not impact borrowers going forward. A Round 1 borrower does not need to complete forgiveness before applying for Round 2.
Simply enter the Centier Bank portal, centierbank.lenderscooperative.com, and register by providing your email and a password. You will also use these credentials to login later to complete your forgiveness application. Please make sure to use a valid e-mail address when registering. Double-check for errors – this is our only means of communicating with you during the application and forgiveness process.
We are currently updating the portal to handle these new procedures and will make them available as soon as possible. We expect the portal to open on Jan. 15, 2021.
The PPP Portal will allow you to upload all your required documents, complete your application and electronically sign it from your home or office, without the need to print paper or come into your local branch. As with the forgiveness process, if we find that we need further documentation, we will reach out via email to request it (and you will log back into the portal to upload any additional documents or information).
Forgiveness for Earlier PPP Loans
If you received a PPP loan in 2020, qualified businesses with an existing Centier Bank business checking account may apply for a “Second Draw Loan” once you have exhausted the proceeds of your first loan. You do NOT have to have requested forgiveness for the first loan, but you do need to attest to having used all of the funds from your First Draw Loan.
If your first loan was less than $150,000, this new law has a simplified forgiveness process. Because the SBA has not communicated the details of this process yet, we are asking that all first loans below $150,000 pause their application activities at this time in our PPP Portal until we have redesigned it to accommodate the new, simpler process. If you submit your forgiveness request now, you are required to provide more information and are subject to a more detailed review process. We recommend waiting for the new, simpler process to be approved and implemented. This will NOT stop you from being able to apply for a Second Draw Loan.
We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us for the first two rounds of PPP loans, and look forward to serving you further. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your banker directly.
Centier has a role to play in slowing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting themselves, their family, and their community. Safety measures will remain in place until modified or ended by Centier Bank. These measures are in addition to Centier’s standard policies and procedures designed to protect the health and safety of its associates and guests and comply with applicable law. These measures may be modified or ended based on federal, state, or local requirements.
Keeping You Protected
The Federal Reserve Board recently removed the restriction of the 6-per-month transfer limit on savings and money market accounts, as part of an interim amendment to Regulation D. Clients can now make an unlimited number of transfers and withdrawals from their savings and money market accounts. This adjustment allows clients increased access to their funds without exceeding transaction limits through September 30, 2020.
In addition, Centier Bank will not mail client notifications regarding excessive transfers or convert saving and money market accounts into demand deposit accounts in response to excessive transactions.
We want to assure our clients that we have prepared for times of emergency to keep our client’s funds protected and accessible. Centier Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) network, which protects all depositors in the amount of $250,000 per depositor (including non-interest bearing transaction accounts), for each account ownership category, including:
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Money Market Deposit Accounts
- Certificates of Deposits (CDs)
Visit fdic.gov/coronavirus for important information for bankers and consumers, including FAQs and health resources.
Bank Safely and Securely, Anytime
The safest place for your money is in the bank. Centier Bank has a proven record of effective emergency preparedness and disaster recovery. Stay safe by carrying manageable amounts of cash in your wallet. Today, more than ever, there are digital banking options that make accessing your cash easy and convenient.
Centier clients have several, simple ways to access their accounts and funds.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Check balances, make payments, complete transfers, access statements, sign up for direct deposit, and more — safely and securely from your personal computer or mobile device. If you haven't already, please enroll in online banking here and download our mobile app from the App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Apps.
- ATMs: Make envelope-free deposits, check balances, and withdraw funds at one of our EZ Deposit ATMs. Find your nearest EZ Deposit ATM here.
- By Phone: Get fast and confidential access to your account by telephone. Find out your current account balances and paid check summary from the convenience of home. Simply dial 219-531-2233 from Porter County, 219-755-6666 from Lake County or 1-800-477-4779 from outside Lake and Porter Counties to access your account. Please have your account number and PIN number ready.
- Client Service Center: If you need assistance or have questions about your accounts, our Client Service Center is ready to help you, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday at 1-888-CENTIER.
Update Your Email Address and Stay Informed!
Don't miss any important information regarding your banking services. Make sure your current email address is up-to-date by:
- Log into online banking
- Click on “My Settings” in the upper right corner
- Under “Personal Information” you’ll see the words Primary email | Edit, click “Edit”
- Update your email options
- Check the box to receive Promotional/Marketing Emails
- Click “Save”