Last updated: 11:22 am CST October 27, 2020
Beginning Monday, November 2, 2020, lobby service will be by appointment only. Drive- Thru banking will operate as usual. In-store branches will remain open (i.e. branches located inside of Meijer, Strack and Van Til, and Town & Country).
Book an appointment online or by phone. For a list of locations, phone numbers, or to make a lobby appointment, click here.
The following branches (which do not offer drive-thru banking) will remain open and accessible by appointment-only:
- Valparaiso Downtown, 150 Lincolnway
- Indianapolis Downtown, 50 S. Meridian St.
- Highland, 9701 Indianapolis Blvd.
- South Bend, 108 Main St.
Branches with drive-thrus will operate services as normal.
Your safety remains our top priority. Thank you for your understanding as we work together to keep our associates and our clients as healthy and protected as possible.
Centier has a role to play in slowing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting themselves, their family, and their community. Safety measures will remain in place until modified or ended by Centier Bank. These measures are in addition to Centier’s standard policies and procedures designed to protect the health and safety of its associates and guests and comply with applicable law. These measures may be modified or ended based on federal, state, or local requirements.
We Are Here To Help
For 125 years, Center Bank has supported the community, our clients and our associates. As COVID-19 creates hardships and difficulties in the lives of those we cherish the most, we want to offer solace and peace of mind around your finances and your future.
- Account Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships regarding your personal finances, please contact your local branch or our Financial Hardship Helpline at 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
- Consumer Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a consumer loan*, please contact our Loan Hardship Helpline at 219-755-6116 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST).
- Small Business Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a small business loan, please contact your Small Business Banker. For further assistance, call 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
- Commercial Loan Assistance: If you are experiencing hardships specific to a commercial loan, please contact your Relationship Manager. For further assistance, call 219-755-6151 (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST).
If you need assistance outside of our posted service hours, please click here to submit a call back request.
*Consumer loans include Home Equity Loans, Manufactured Home, Home Improvement Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit, Mortgages, Auto, Boat & RV Loans.
Face masks are required when inside Centier Bank lobbies. If you do not have one, one will be provided. If you will not wear a mask, we ask that you please use our drive-thru service. We appreciate your understanding. Thank you.
Keeping You Protected
The Federal Reserve Board recently removed the restriction of the 6-per-month transfer limit on savings and money market accounts, as part of an interim amendment to Regulation D. Clients can now make an unlimited number of transfers and withdrawals from their savings and money market accounts. This adjustment allows clients increased access to their funds without exceeding transaction limits through September 30, 2020.
In addition, Centier Bank will not mail client notifications regarding excessive transfers or convert saving and money market accounts into demand deposit accounts in response to excessive transactions.
We want to assure our clients that we have prepared for times of emergency to keep our client’s funds protected and accessible. Centier Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) network, which protects all depositors in the amount of $250,000 per depositor (including non-interest bearing transaction accounts), for each account ownership category, including:
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Money Market Deposit Accounts
- Certificates of Deposits (CDs)
Visit fdic.gov/coronavirus for important information for bankers and consumers, including FAQs and health resources.
Bank Safely and Securely, Anytime
The safest place for your money is in the bank. Centier Bank has a proven record of effective emergency preparedness and disaster recovery. Stay safe by carrying manageable amounts of cash in your wallet. Today, more than ever, there are digital banking options that make accessing your cash easy and convenient.
Centier clients have several, simple ways to access their accounts and funds.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Check balances, make payments, complete transfers, access statements, sign up for direct deposit, and more — safely and securely from your personal computer or mobile device. If you haven't already, please enroll in online banking here and download our mobile app from the App Store and download our mobile app from the App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Apps.
- ATMs: Make envelope-free deposits, check balances, and withdraw funds at one of our EZ Deposit ATMs. Find your nearest EZ Deposit ATM here.
- By Phone: Get fast and confidential access to your account by telephone. Find out your current account balances and paid check summary from the convenience of home. Simply dial 219-531-2233 from Porter County, 219-755-6666 from Lake County or 1-800-477-4779 from outside Lake and Porter Counties to access your account. Please have your account number and PIN number ready.
- Client Service Center: If you need assistance or have questions about your accounts, our Client Service Center is ready to help you, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday at 1-888-CENTIER.
Update Your Email Address and Stay Informed!
Don't miss any important information regarding your banking services. Make sure your current email address is up-to-date by:
- Log into online banking
- Click on “My Settings” in the upper right corner
- Under “Personal Information” you’ll see the words Primary email | Edit, click “Edit”
- Update your email options
- Check the box to receive Promotional/Marketing Emails
- Click “Save”