Supporting Financial Capabilities in Our Communities
As our culture and society continues to grow in complexity, so does the need to understand personal finances and financial management. Centier has worked closely with the Indiana Department of Education, Indiana Council for Economic Education, American Bankers Association, FDIC, Indiana Bankers Association, and the Federal Reserve to implement and develop educational programs to support financial capabilities. These programs are designed to help children from kindergarten through high school, as well as adults and non-English speaking citizens.
Money $ense is a television series designed to educate the public on personal financial issues and improve financial wellness. It was produced by Lakeshore Public Media in partnership with Centier Bank and the Plan Sponsor Council of America. Host Anthony Contrucci covers a variety of topics including budgeting, financial planning, debt management, credit, protection against identity theft, and insurance. Money $ense can be viewed at http://lakeshorepublicmedia.org/local-programs/money-sense/.
NWI Times article - Making Learning About Money Fun
NWI Times article on Financial Literacy - Fourth Graders Learning About Literacy
- Survival Kit for Small Business: Tools To Help You Promote, Manage, & Protect Your Business
- Register here - seating is limited
- Free FDIC Seminar - Keep it Safe
- Educators Money Smart Week
- Identity Theft - How to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Presented by Phillip Foreman, Outreach Specialist/Fraud Analyst, Office of the Indiana Attorney General
- Seating is limited to 100. Please register here no later than April 14th.
- Understanding Credit: A Financial Stability Seminar for Community Service Professionals
- This seminar is being presented in collaboration with Bank on Northwest Indiana - register here.
- Money Smart for Older Adults - Prevent Financial Exploitation
Centier continues to work closely with many organizations to prepare special programs for Money Smart Week. These programs are designed to help all ages learn more about money management and financial literacy. Centier is a significant partner in preparing and presenting these programs.
Money Smart Week Events
Educators Money Smart Week - Financial Literacy & Today's Youth: An Educator's Guide
- When: April 26th, 2016 - 8:30-11:30am CST
- Where: Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Alumni Hall
- When: April 27, 2016 - 4:30-6:00pm CST
- Where: St. Catherine Hospital - Professional Office Building, North Entrance
- When: April 23-30, 2016 - Money Smart Week
- Where: Indiana University Northwest
- When: April 23-30, 2016 - Money Smart Week
- Where: Ivy Tech Community College
Bank on Northwest Indiana
Centier has partnered with local government leaders, financial institutions and community organizations to collaborate in the creation of appropriate and affordable basic banking products and improving access to the information unbanked individuals need to succeed in building a more stable financial future. Bank On NWI is the result of that successful collaboration.
Money Smart Week
Get Smart About Credit
Get Smart About Credit is an innovative, effective and interactive program created for high school students that provides much-needed credit education. It helps to put young adults on the right financial track for a healthy credit future.
Contact Information - Michelle Steuer - (219) 755-6160 ext. 1867 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Family & Financial Resources
In an effort to assist you in finding quality and trustworthy resources for financial and family assistance, Centier Bank has partnered with MortgageKeeper Referral Services. MortgageKeeper referrals may be able to help you with rising expenses, unemployment, possible foreclosure or any financial hardship that you are facing. Use the “Looking For Local Help?” link on the left to generate referrals to local, state, and national assistance resources by simply entering your zip code. This service is FREE to consumers and requires no personal information. For additional assistance, contact us directly by phone at 219-755-6116, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM CST or email us at Centier_MK@centier.com.
Other Literacy Resources
Northwest Indiana Literacy Coalition
Twenty-First Century Scholars Program - Apply Online
FDIC Consumer News
FDIC - Money Smart Consumer Based Instruction (CBI) Online Courses
To learn more about Centier's financial literacy adult programs please contact:
Dian Reyome, Financial Capabilities Officer/CRA Advocate
600 E. 84th Ave
Merrillville, IN 46410
(219) 755-6140 ext. 1832