How We Protect You
24 Hour Centier Visa® Debit Monitoring
Centier uses an intelligent risk management system designed to detect unusual activity on your Centier Visa Debit Card. This system "learns" patterns of activity on your card and marks transactions for further research, in real time.
How we protect you
An obvious example is: card transactions happening in two locations (California and Indiana) in an impossible timeframe (within 2 hours of each other). A less obvious example is multiple Point of Sale transactions with cash back in a short period of time, or more than 3 pay at the pump gas purchases within one hour.
We monitor your transactions 24 hours a day 7 days a week and may from time to time call you to confirm a transaction. Centier provides this solution as a way to preserve your confidence in us to protect you from the inconvenience of fraud loss and data compromise.
Enhanced Login Security
Centier now offers Enhanced Login Security, a free and easy way to help prevent fraud. This superior security technology protects your identity from whatever computer you're using, whether at home, at the office, or on the go. It identifies you as the true "owner" of your accounts by recognizing not only your password, but your computer as well. If your computer isn't recognized, then you've logged in from a computer you haven't used before, and a temporary access pass code will be sent to your email on record, as an additional line of defense to prevent unauthorized access.
The privacy of communications between you (your browser) and our servers is ensured via encryption. Encryption scrambles messages exchanged between your browser and our online banking
The computers storing your actual account information are not linked directly to the Internet.
- Transactions initiated through the Internet are received by online banking Web servers.
- These servers route your transaction through firewall servers.
- Firewall servers act as a traffic cop between segments of our online banking network used to store information, and the public Internet.
- This configuration isolates the publicly accessible Web servers from data stored on our online banking servers and ensures only authorized requests are processed.
- Various access control mechanisms, including intrusion detection and anti-virus, monitor for and protect our systems from potential malicious activity. Additionally, our online banking servers are fault-tolerant, and provide for uninterruptible access, even in the event of various types of failures.
Online Banking Features that promote Security
We provide a number of additional security features in online banking to help protect you:
- Timeout: This prevents curious persons from continuing your online banking session if you left your PC unattended without logging out. You may set the timeout period in the online banking User Options screen. We recommend that you always sign off (log out) when done banking online.
- Check Images: View an exact facsimile of your check transactions online to help prevent fraud.
- Alerts: Balance alerts are financial tools we provide to help you to monitor your accounts more actively and to detect suspicious activity more easily.