What Can You Do With Your Funds?

You have several options regarding what to do with the funds in your Safe-Harbor-IRA®. These options become available to you once you have completed and returned the required forms (see First Time Visitor? above) to claim ownership of your IRA.

  • You may decide to leave your funds with Centier and continue to save for your retirement by making regular tax-deductible contributions to your Safe-Harbor-IRA® account. Please refer to the “Investing Your Funds” section for a list of your investment choices.
  • If you have a new employer who offers a retirement plan (profit sharing, 401(k) or other type of plan), you may be able to rollover your funds to that plan. Contact your plan administrator or human resources department for instructions.
  • You can transfer your account to another IRA provider. In this case, it is very important that you talk to the provider to find out what you need to complete the transfer and then contact us with that information. 
  • You may be eligible to receive a distribution from your IRA account. Please remember, a withdrawal is a taxable event. If you want your funds sent to you, fill out a Distribution Request (listed in the “Forms and Other Important Documents” section) and mail or fax it to us. The fax number is 219-924-1757.


Live Chat