What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough available balance in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account and are incorporated into our Overdraft Advantage® Program.
- We also offer free Overdraft Transfer from another account with us. To sign up for this free program, please ask a branch associate.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Centier Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
- An Extended Overdraft recurring fee of $35 will be charged each 5th business day your account remains overdrawn.
- The recurring fee does not apply to the Overdraft Advantage® Program.
- There is $175 limit on the total Overdraft Advantage fees we can charge you daily for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Centier Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (219)755-4699, complete and submit the form below, or print and present it at a branch or mail it to: Centier Bank, c/o Deposit Operations, 600 E. 84th Avenue, Merrillville, IN, 46410.